- 5-6 weeks prior to pairing please ensure that your annual Paramyxo injections are up to date and that your pigeons are healthy and ready to breed by seeking Professional Veterinary Advice from your Veterinary Surgeon.
- 4 weeks prior to pairing Para Control Boost all your pigeons (solution of 1ml down the throat)
- 3 weeks prior to pairing get your pigeons tested
* This is only a recommended time guide, fanciers due to work commitments may need to alter this format.
When pigeons have laid ( this is only a recommendation )
One day every week BelgaBion:
1 sachet per 3 litres of water or 1 sachet for 1 ½ kilogram of grains moistened with Belgasol or any oil.
As soon as the squeakers are 1 week old Belgasol is given:
10 days consecutive, 1 tablespoon per litre of water. They grow better and stronger with Belgasol. Belgasol is a combination of electrolytes with vitamins, trace-elements and amino acids. Belgasol enables optimal hydration in the pigeons muscle (when using, don’t remove grit and minerals from loft). This product is essential whilst breeding as if you have birds with wet droppings or drinking a lot of water this will help hydrate them eradicating any watery droppings.
Note: if you see any watery droppings whilst breeding it is always good to get your pigeons tested as soon as possible and seek advice from your veterinary surgeon:
- When babies are 30-35 days old inject against Paramyxo
- 6 weeks old 1 ml of Para Control Boost per youngster
- 2-3 weeks prior to their first race give youngsters a booster jab for Paramyxo.
In case of infertility, we advise you to give a few weeks consecutive Belgarlic + Vit. E, 1 tablespoon for 1 to 1 ½ kilograms of corn, once or twice a week starting 3 weeks before mating.